Studio Art Centers International (SACI) announces the new SACI INTERNATIONAL ART EXHIBITION AWARD 2015.
Artists of any age, students and professionals, from all over the world are invited to submit their work in any medium and theme. Works will be juried by members of the SACI Artists Council.
DEADLINE: December 15, 2014
FIRST PRIZE: The selected winning artist will be awarded an opportunity for a solo exhibition in the SACI Gallery at SACI’s historic Palazzo dei Cartelloni in Florence, Italy in JULY 2015. The winner’s exhibition will be featured on SACI’s website: www.saci-florence.edu, on social media outlets, and publicized to the international community, as well as to the local press.
SECOND PRIZE: A runner up will be selected according to popular vote via social media. This artist will be featured on the SACI Art Blog: saci-art.com.
- Submission is FREE
- Send ten (10) images of a cohesive body of work to email@example.com
- Email subject must read: SACI AWARD SUBMISSION
- Image formats accepted: JPG, PDF, GIF, TIFF
- Images no larger than 1000 px in any direction, no smaller than 500px
- Images must be in 72 dpi resolution
- Include your website link if applicable and your artist curriculum vitae (C.V.) in WORD or PDF format
- LIKE the SACI Fan Page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SACIFlorenceArt
- One (1) approved image of your work will be added to the related SACI Fan Page photo album
- Share your photo from the SACI Fan Page album on your Facebook profile
- Invite your friends to LIKE the SACI Fan Page and LIKE your image from the page (one like = one vote)
December 15, 2014 Deadline for submissions
December 15, 2014 Public online vote closes 5pm UTC+1 (Central Europe time zone)
January 30, 2015 Award winners will be announced digitally on social media networks
July 2-30, 2015 Solo Exhibition in the SACI Gallery, Palazzo dei Cartelloni, Florence, Italy
- There is no application fee for submitting artwork.
- Upon receipt of your submission, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Only prize winners will be notified by email.
- The First Prize winner must be able to exhibit his/her work July 2-30, 2015 and follow SACI Gallery exhibition guidelines and procedures.
- The SACI Gallery may have certain limitations to types of installation requirements.
- SACI offers an exhibition reception open to the public, digital publicity, and press coverage.
- SACI is a non-profit organization and does not commercialize or sell artwork. Any potential sales of artwork must be handled by the artist; SACI does not take any commission fee.
- The First Prize winner is not required to be present for the exhibition, however 2-way shipping/delivery of artwork is the full responsibility of the artist.
- SACI is not responsible for any costs related to shipment/delivery of work, international customs fees, travel expenses, accommodation, artwork framing, printing, or insurance. Artwork must be “ready to display.”
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The subject matter and medium is open to discretion of each artist, however, submissions of potentially offensive nature in any way relating to ethnicity, religion, sexuality, disability, or similar will not be considered.
- SACI reserves the right to confirm the Jury’s final decision, and to moderate and verify the final public vote to determine prize winners.
- Participation in the competition implies acceptance and delegation to SACI to promote and publish the projects sent, in the most appropriate and convenient forms, both by printing and by publishing them on the Internet.
Ownership of submissions: The projects submitted to the Jury will remain the property of the artists; any wish to use the projects will be explicitly communicated first to the artist(s) for permission and with credit.
Applicants warrant that the entry submission is the original work of the artist and, as such, the artist is the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted work, and that the party submitting has the right to submit the work for exhibition and grant all required licenses. Each entrant agrees not to submit any entry that (1) infringes any third party’s proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or confidentiality obligations; and (2) otherwise violates the applicable state, federal, provincial, or local law.
Acceptance of the Competition Rules: Participation in the competition presupposes complete acceptance of these rules and likewise implies unreserved consent for personal data to be held and used in accordance with prevailing “privacy” laws.
SACI – Palazzo dei Cartelloni
Via Sant’Antonino, 11 – Florence, ITALY