Studio Laura Villani, Axios Europa, and SACI present the Seminar/Workshop:
How to Own Your Personal Bull in the Art Market
Personal Marketing for Artists: How to Build your Own Brand
Conducted in English by Argentine author Manuel Schneer and Friends of SACI member Laura Villani.
Thursday, March 27th, 2:30-6:30 pm
Studio Art Centers International
Jules Maidoff Palazzo for the Visual Arts – Stephen Rosefield Lecture Hall
Via Sant’Egidio 14, Florence – ITALY
Personal Marketing is the process of applying corporate branding techniques to an individual by discovering what makes individuals special and different from their competitors and then packaging that message in a way that is true to who they are and compelling to their target audience.
I’m not Apple or Nike! Is a Personal Marketing Right for Me?
Famous “personal brands” include Miuccia Prada, Sofia Loren, Zucchero, Oliviero Toscani and Sergio Marchionne. These individuals have taken their celebrity status a step further by strategically marketing themselves as unique brands. They have capitalized on their brand power by selling products from books to perfume to music and training courses simply because we emotionally connect with and know specifically what kind of experience they are going to give us.
What Do I Need to Do for a Strong Personal Brand?
The “guru of personal branding,” William Arruda, says that all strong brands must demonstrate “The Three C’s of Personal Branding” in order to be successful: clarity, constancy and consistency. This workshop is designed to help you with the first C, clarity, by enabling you to unearth what is unique and special about you.
Studio Laura Villani has come up with a half-day training that provides, in a clear and concrete way, the basis for the creation and management of their marketing strategy and personal branding in the nationally and internationally art sector.
The watchword? Get in the game. Theory and practice come together in action, creating an exceptional cognitive and emotional involvement. Questions and answers. Debate. Conclusions and closure of activities.
Who the audience is:
The workshop is aimed at all professionals in the art world who want to deepen their theoretical and practical knowledge of both general marketing practices and personal marketing for creative individuals and learn how to apply to greatest effect in their workplace the unique approaches described in the “OWN” Personal Marketing Plan.
- The artist situation in the Art World. Crisis and challenges of a fast changing environment. The need of a deep change of attitude and an open mind to new business concepts, methodologies and tools.
- The main concepts of Marketing and Marketing of Professional Services for Artists. To sell and to be purchased, commodity and brand, differentiation, markets, segments, targets, segmentation, positioning and competitive intelligence. Core competences.
- Involvement and commitment for change. The need of proper planning and implementation. We are our packaging.
- Personal brand concept. Key features of a brand. Brand personality.
- Looking at our professional situation. The importance of a realistic diagnosis. An external and internal analysis. Key success factors of our profession.
- The Personal Marketing Plan. The different stages of the Plan: diagnosis, planning, implementation and control.
- Communication and its tools. Which is the best communication tool? Advertising, promotion, internet, events, conferences, press, personal selling, web page, blogs, social networks.
- Personal Project and Professional Project. The balance between ambitions and possibilities: Looking for our professional identity achieving a balanced success.
- The specific attributes of the art world where the value of the work is sublimated by the artistic gesture. How to position yourself in in the art world to be recognized by the market. How to create your own market. How to submit your work to the customers/collectors or his intermediary the art gallery.
- How to prepare you own route map to artistic success with your personal touch. How to recognize the cornerstones of you own artistic identity, but also experiencing new creative paths. How to present yourself in a catalog and specialized media by innovative means and useful ways. How to spread you artistic message to other geographies becoming a protagonist. How to communicate your art stimulating needs into expanding markets.
- Case analysis. Two cases of successful art careers will be analyzed. A very open discussion will be encouraged and several examples of real art business world will be presented.
Individual: € 80 + VAT
For those who register by March 20: € 70 + VAT
All registrants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Participation is FREE for all SACI students.