Notte dei Musei / Night of Museums
Saturday, May 17, 2014
To promote culture, on Saturday, May 17, 2014, special night-time opening of several State-run museums and institutions throughout Europe will welcome visitors, some with free admission. The evening also features special concerts, performances, guided tours, and many other events. For a complete program of the events, go to http://www.lanottedeimusei.it/programma/
Here is a list of participating locations in Florence:
- Palazzo Vecchio Museum: free entrance from 6 pm to midnight (last entrance at 11 pm) with the Camminamento di ronda at the base of the Torre di Arnolfo, entrance every 30 minutes (reservations required, call 055 2768224 – 055 2768558; or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Uffizi Gallery, Accademia Gallery, Bargello National Museum, Palazzo Davanzati Museum: open from 7 pm to 11 pm; entrance will cost only 1 euro.
- Natural History Museum: Department of Anthropology and Ethnology (Via del Proconsolo, 12), free entrance from 9 pm to 11 pm. Department of Zoology “La Specola” (Via Romana, 17), free entrance from 9 pm to 11 pm; only for the Crystals Exhibit, entrance will cost 3 euros. Info: 055 2756444
- Opificio delle Pietre Dure Museum (Via degli Alfani, 78): open from 8 pm to midnight; entrance will cost only 1 euro.
- San Marco Museum: (Piazza San Marco) open from 7 pm to 11 pm; entrance will cost only 1 euro. At 8:15 pm and at 9 pm, two concerts by “L. Cherubini” Conservatory of Music of Florence will be organized in the Sant’Antonino Cloister.
- Museo Salvatore Ferragamo, (Piazza Santa Trinita 5), open from 7:30-11pm with reduced entrance of € 4.
- Gipsoteca dell’Istituto d’Arte, (Piazzale di Porta Romana), open from 8:30-11:30pm (last entrance at 11pm), visit for free and enjoy live music.
- Last Supper by Andrea del Sarto and Medici villas of La Petraia, Poggio a Caiano and Cerreto Guidi: free entrance from 7 pm to 11 pm.
For a national list of locations in Italy by region, see Beniculturali.it.
- Uffizi Gallery
- Accademia Gallery
- The Pitti Palace
- Bargello National Museum
- Museum of the Medici Chapels
- Museum of San Marco
- Museum of Palazzo Davanzati
- Garden of the Medici Villa of Castello
- Medici Villa of Petraia
- Medici Villa of Poggio a Caiano
- Medici Villa of Cerreto Guidi and
- The Historical Hunting and Territorial Museum
- ‘Cenacolo’ of Ognissanti
- ‘Cenacolo’ of Andrea del Sarto
- ‘Cenacolo’ of Fuligno
- ‘Cenacolo’ of Sant’Apollonia
- Cloister of the Scalzo
- Church and Museum of Orsanmichele
- Museum of Casa Martelli
- Villa Corsini at Castello
- Hall of Perugino