Call for Residency
Urban Layers – New Paths in Photography
Application deadline: February 19, 2016
Fondazione Orestiadi onlus promotes a program of artistic residencies open to international artists from March 31st to April 21st 2016. The residencies will be hosted in Gibellina (Trapani, Sicilia, IT) and are addressed to 6 (six) artists who will use the Residency Program to build an artistic project on Urban Layers Theme. These artistic outcomes will be exhibited in the three urban photo–festivals promoted by the Project. Participation to the call is free of charge.
Urban Layers is an European Project about photography in the public space, whose aims are bringing contemporary art to a wider audience; promoting photographic research and supporting emerging artists.
Urban Layers consists of:
– a Residency Program in Gibellina (Sicily) for 6 artists selected upon open call;
– three Urban Photo–festivals in the cities of Málaga, Thessaloniki, Lecce;
– a final conference in Cinisello Balsamo with the publication of the catalogue;
– a scientific research on the art consumption by general audience.
Each Photo–festival will display:
– an itinerant exhibition composed by the Residency Program’s results;
– photographic projects selected upon open call;
– a site–specific installation by internationally renowned artist Adrian Paci.
The call is opened to international artists with no limitatons of age above 18 or nationality. Participation to the call is free of charge.
Deadline for the Call for Residency is February 19, 2016.
Via Montello, 5
73100, Lecce – Italy